P&S Student Honor Code
The Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons Student Honor Code
This Honor Code delineates the standards that the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons deems essential to ensure its medical students’ qualification for the practice of medicine. The standards are further delineated in Suitability for the Practice of Medicine. By signing the P&S Student Honor Code, the student agrees to abide by all components. Although violations of the Honor Code often represent a lack of awareness or understanding, they may lead to disciplinary action.
"As student doctors we have committed ourselves to a lifetime of collaborative service to our patients and to our communities. As representatives of both Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons and the medical profession we commit ourselves to the highest standards of moral conduct.
- I will demonstrate honesty and integrity in all aspects of my education
- I will act respectfully and ethically in my interactions with patients, staff, faculty, residents and peers.
- I commit myself to knowing, understanding and preserving professional ethics.
- I will not cheat, plagiarize, use unauthorized materials, misrepresent my work, falsify data or assist others in the commission of these acts.
- I will not purposefully mislead others.
- I acknowledge that while in public I represent the medical profession, Columbia University and the College of Physicians and Surgeons and will comport myself responsibly.
By acting with honesty, integrity, fairness and respect for others we foster a community built on trust and enable the free exchange of ideas. Behavior that deviates from these principles jeopardizes this achievement and, in some circumstances, patient safety. As such I understand it is my personal responsibility to confront and report such behavior through one of the designated mechanisms for reporting described in Honor Committee Procedure found on the P&S website.
On my honor, as a life-long member of Columbia University’s College of Physicians & Surgeons, I will adhere to the P&S Student Honor Code delineated above."
- School-Wide Values
- Medical School Curriculum
- Major Clinical Year (MCY)
- Differentiation & Integration (D&I)
- Curricular Threads
- Scholarly Projects Program
- Daniel Noyes Brown Scholars Program
- Academic Calendar
- Visiting Students
- Other Programs
- Learning Environment
- Student Life
- Student Activities: P&S Club
- Student Affairs
- Ceremonies & Events
- Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs
- About Us
- The Black and Latino Student Organization (BALSO)
- ODMA Events
- High School Students
- College/Post-Baccalaureate Students & Recent Graduates
- Multicultural Recruitment Day Conference (MRDC)
- LGBT Resources
- Additional Resources & Support
- Contact Us
- Recreation & Athletic Facilities
- Meal Plan
- Student Life Calendar
- Academic Planning
- Student Research
- Honor Code & Policies
- Resources & Support
- Advising & Academic Support
- Health & Wellness
- Student Financial Planning
- Health Sciences Library
- CUMC IT
- Campus Resources
- Quick Links
- Inside P&S
- Contact Medical Education
- Global Health Programs