P&S and Bassett Healthcare in Cooperstown, NY, have established a track in which students experience their 18 month basic science curriculum at P&S and their clinical curriculum, including all core rotations, at Bassett. This program, supervised by the Medical school, permits students interested in learning medicine in a rural environment, utilizing a longitudinal curriculum with exposure to health care management, to obtain an MD degree.
For additional information, please visit the Columbia-Bassett website.
This program aims to produce the next generation of leaders in medical research with an emphasis on the qualities of both medical and scientific training. This will enable the program's graduates to be innovative at the bench and to play a key role in the translation of scientific findings to clinical research.
For additional information, please visit the MD/PhD website.
3 year PhD to MD (for individuals who already have a PhD)
Students in this program enter medical school with a PhD in biomedical science. The curriculum is designed for these students to complete the MD degree requirements in three years.
For additional information, please visit the 3 year PhD to MD website.
In additon to the primary MD degree and the MD/PhD degree, P&s offers other dual degree's.
For additional information, please visit Dual Degree & Special Programs.
Additional Master's Degree Programs
Other dual degree programs which may be of interest to medical school students include:
- School-Wide Values
- Medical School Curriculum
- Major Clinical Year (MCY)
- Differentiation & Integration (D&I)
- Curricular Threads
- Scholarly Projects Program
- Daniel Noyes Brown Scholars Program
- Academic Calendar
- Visiting Students
- Other Programs
- Learning Environment
- Student Life
- Student Activities: P&S Club
- Student Affairs
- Ceremonies & Events
- Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs
- About Us
- The Black and Latino Student Organization (BALSO)
- ODMA Events
- High School Students
- College/Post-Baccalaureate Students & Recent Graduates
- Multicultural Recruitment Day Conference (MRDC)
- LGBT Resources
- Additional Resources & Support
- Contact Us
- Recreation & Athletic Facilities
- Meal Plan
- Student Life Calendar
- Academic Planning
- Student Research
- Honor Code & Policies
- Resources & Support
- Advising & Academic Support
- Health & Wellness
- Student Financial Planning
- Health Sciences Library
- CUMC IT
- Campus Resources
- Quick Links
- Inside P&S
- Contact Medical Education
- Global Health Programs