Please note of a this free online resource for medical educators available through the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Institute for Excellence in Education (IEE).
The IEE Improve Your Teaching website is aimed at enhancing teaching skills through a series of self-paced modules. The website includes multiple sections, each with several modules, on: Teaching Methods,...
We are happy to announce the new members of the Apgar Academy for 2016.
1. Dr. Jonathan Amiel- Department of Psychiatry
2. Dr. Ana Cepin- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
3. Dr. Simon Cheng- Department of Radiation Oncology
4. Dr. Hetty Cunningham- Department of Pediatrics
5. Dr. Saundra Curry- Department of Anesthesiology
6. Dr. Glen Gillen-...
1. Dr. Lindsey Chaudoin- Department of Pediatrics
2. Dr. Sophie Chheang- Department of Vascular and Interventional Radiology
3. Drs Janet Falk-Kessler and Sharon Gutman- Department of Rehabilitation
4. Dr. Carol Waksmonski- Department of Medicine/Cardiology
5. Dr. Elaine Wan- Department of Medicine (Division of Cardiology and Cardiac Electrophysiology)
Columbia’s Center for Teaching and Learning is holding orientation sessions this fall for faculty and graduate student instructors. We encourage new and junior faculty, teaching fellows, and teaching assistants in your departments to join us for orientation sessions. To see the available dates and register online, visit bit.ly/orientationgrads and bit.ly/orientationfaculty. The...
Dr Riley has received the following honors:
1. American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography-Alliance for Physician Certification & Advancement: World Interactive Network on Musculoskeletal Soft Tissue Point of Care Ultrasonography Standard Setting: Selected as one of Five Expert Panel Members to develop the National Certification Standards: 2016
2. American Institute...
Dr. John C. Markowitz is publishing a new book this week, July 8, 2016.
It's called "Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder". New York: Oxford University Press, 2016.
Dr. Barron was named the recipient of the Charles W. Bohmfalk Award for Distinguished Contributions to Teaching in the Clinical Years from the College of Physicians & Surgeons.
Congratulations to her!
Dr. Cutler was chosen by the Class of 2017 for the Major Clinical Year Outstanding Teacher Award at the end of their major clinical year.
The award was presented at the Transition Ceremony for the incoming major clinical year students this past January.
Dr. Arbuckle has been promoted to Vice Chair for Education and Residency Training Director in the Department of Psychiatry. She also recently became a full professor.